Our probate solicitor has 13 year’s experience in dealing with general and high quality work in all matters relating to Probate and Estate matters.
Wills and Probate Solicitor
Nadia Paganuzzi (Partner)– charge out rate £275.00 per hour plus VAT.
Our pricing in applying for a Grant, collecting and distributing the assets
We anticipate that this will take between 5 – 8 hours of work. Our total legal fees are estimated at £1,375 - £2,750 (plus VAT) together with a value element of 1% of the value of the estate, less the value of the deceased’s main residence which will be charged at 0.5%.
Factors that could affect the complexity of the case
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end of the range.
We will handle the full process for you. This estimate is for estates where:
- There is a valid Will
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more than 3 bank or building society accounts
- There are no other intangible assets
- There are no more than 3 beneficiaries
- There are no disputes between beneficiaries on the division of assets. If disputes arise this is likely to lead to a significant increase in costs
- There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC
- There are no claims made against the estate
- All assets are in the UK
- There are no shareholdings
- Probate application fee of £155 plus £5 for ten additional copies
- Swearing of the oath (£7 per executor)
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary)
- Post in The London Gazette (£100) – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors.
- Post in a Local Newspaper (£350)– This also helps to protect against unexpected claims.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
As part of our fixed fee we will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and send copies to you
- Collect and distribute all assets in the estate
Potential additional costs
- If there is no Will or the estate consists of any shareholdings (stocks and bonds) there are likely to be additional costs that could range significantly depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with. We can give you a more accurate quote once we have more information.
- If any additional copies of the grant are required, they will cost £5 (1 per asset usually).
- Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included and will be charged separately.
How long will this take?
On average, estates that fall within our estimate are dealt with within 5-8 months. Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 8 – 12 weeks. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 2 – 6 weeks. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 2 – 4 weeks.
Please note that the above is an indication only of the process and costs which may be incurred in Probate and Estate matters and is entirely subject to and conditional upon the terms set out and agreed in our Client Care Letter which will be issued at the appropriate point in time.